Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:47:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      Peter <peterk@americanisp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP and Crontabs

Ok here is my setup: 56k dial-up, phone gets disconnected semi-often (call
waiting,peeps picking it up)

I want a script that will (thru cron) check every thirty minutes if ppp is
connected or not, if not it will dial via "ppp -ddial isp" if it is, it
will exit and then in half in hour (thru cron again) check and basically
do same thing...
My question: Is there a program/script readily available for this kinda
thing?
How do I check if ppp is connected or not?
Inside cron, what is the exact setup ? (Under minutes just put 30,
everything else * ?)
ty.

--- www.nul.cjb.net --- The Power to Crash!
--- www.FreeBSD.org --- The Power to Serve!