Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 11:21:00 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, terry@lambert.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI Vs Scsi

>From The Desk Of Joel Ray Holveck :
>
>    Yes, I've seen other indications of this.  It might mark a trend
>    towards maturity in the market: even Micosloth users are gradually
>    asking why this expensive "operating system" keeps crashing, and
>    people with multimedia applications probably wonder why programs
>    sometimes hang for half a second before continuing.  The German trade
>    magazines (not necessarily reliable) claim that there's a trend
>    towards SCSI, too.

My concern about IDE is that at least for a development is kind of nice
to be able to add drives as the need arises additionally, the ease of
configuration -- well sort of,  we know about the scsi cables , terminators,
etc.. however if one can agree on the configuration for scsi busses
at least for your company then it is easy to add/remove drives.
For instance, lets assume that my development sources reside on a
separate disk at the end of the day I can take the external disk home
and keep working (assuming that one has a similar setup at home).

	Amancio