Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:38:20 -0500
From:      "Raymond Hicks" <rayhicks@UU.NET>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   identd?  what could cause this error?

I am a long time user of FreeBSD and I am not running with Version 4.1 .
Recently I thought I would help others out on IRC ...  something I have
never used befor...  so I get BitchX up and running..  trivial..  but the
identd daemon is not running so many servers will not let me connect..  I
wish to remedy this so I see I can build the ident2 from the ports
collection only after this is done I get the following error when I try to
run it...

from command line:

error: binding to port 113: bind (): No such file or directory...

anyone seen this befor?  I hope so...

lates

raymond hicks