Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 04:38:46 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@rock.lot.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Congrats on CURRENT 5/1 SNAP...

> I tell you, that having a /stand saved me a hell lot of time when
> putting bad memory chips in my server box trashed my /bin directory

I think we should be careful to distinguish between "/stand, the
directory" and "/stand, the concept" :-)

As it currently, erm, stands I don't think /stand should survive.  The
question of how to make "emergency rescue directories" for those who
like safety belts then becomes an entirely separate issue, and one I
think better solved by something as simple as a package which whaps
some carefully chosen rescue binaries in /stand (or whatever rescue
path strikes peoples fancy).

					Jordan