Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:56:01 -0600
From:      "Tyler K McGeorge" <treznor@sunflower.com>
To:        <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unix/Linux Socket Programming Reference

I have recently began my journey into the Unix/Linux (I run FreeBSD,
roommate runs Slackware 7.0)  programming. I found a great book covering
ANSI C89-C99/C++ book "C/C++ Programmer's Reference". I really enjoy this
book for it's layout. The first half is a quick walkthrough of ideaology and
terminology of programming with C/C++. It establishes a concept then builds
upon the concept. However, the primary reason I bought the book was the
[seemingly] complete standard library function list. It goes through the
standard libriaries for C89, C99 and C++ and explains each function and
macro. I'm sure it skips some here and there, but it would be hard to find
where.

I find this book absolutely wonderful. In the middle of programming, I'll
run into a problem, open up the book, and voila, the function needed
appears.

My question. Is there a good book like this out there for either/both of
Unix/Linux and Unix/Linux socket programming?

I'm in the process of scanning Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Any input welcomed,
Tyler McGeorge, FreeBSD geek extrodinaire.