Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 14:05:29 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Joel Yancey <python@cia-g.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.5R installation troubles

Ok, This is my hardware:
	Intel Dx/4 100
	3com503 (not used currently)
	Paradise/WD 90C30 video
	USR Sportster 28.8 External
	8 megs ram.
------------------
ok, i boot up with the boot.flp, run the upgrade (or novice installion,
tried them both) and it runs great, until the FTP, then it ALWAYS stops
at 1225100, and then if you wait a VERY long time, like an hour, it'll
possible get more, or it'll timeout and hang up. most of the time it
times out, and asks me if i want to try to get more, and i answer yes, it
gets the doc, although it pauses about every meg or so, and then it goes
on.
  the first part of my install my com2 wouldnt work, and com1 i cant use
becuase for some reason i always loose my route to my ISP. but i got that
working fine as of now, but a friend of mine also had to swtch com ports
from 1 to 2 instead of like me 2 to 1, because it would talk to the
modem, on neither of our computers.

Most importantly i need to know why my install fails, and how to fix it,
it would greatly be appriciated. =) thank you
joel yancey