Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 2003 19:41:17 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        oceanare pte ltd <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: matthew dillon

oceanare pte ltd wrote:
> Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> > I don't know who he is either, but much to my regret this nonsense has
> > forced me off the list.
>
> Talk about beeing sensitive.
>
> I do not stop walking on streets despite the fact that some people
> get robbed there.

Do you unsubscribe from mailing lists you merely monitor for
interesting content, rather than subscribing to them, when some
jerk fills up your POP3 maildrop because they have an axe to
grind, and, as a result, mail which you consider "important",
compared to the list traffic, bounces?

People who advocate "receiver filtering" (either of the active
variety, or of the "just ignore" variety) is the answer to all
SPAM-like problems apparently do not understand the realities
of many people using pull-based rather than push-based email
transports.

Please understand the technology involved before telling people
how they should use it.

Thanks,
-- Terry