Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:26:03 -0800
From:      Tim Pozar <pozar@lns.com>
To:        Dan Albers <computing@kpfa.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Balanced input/output supported by FreeBSD

--------------020309030105060400030201

Dan Albers wrote:
> Has anyone out there had any good (preferrably flawless) experiences with
> soundcards with balanced input/output on FreeBSD? If so, model numbers
> please. (We have been using Mia cards on windows machines, but we need to
> have high-quality balanced I/O for our FreeBSD servers.)
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

Are you getting into RF issues where you need balanced to take care of
it?  Else you can continue to use the -10 IHF interfaces on consumer
sound cards and put a match box between it and your balanced +4/+8 dBm
output.

Tim
--
1978 45th Ave / San Francisco CA 94116 / USA // POTS: +1 415 665 3790
  GPG Fingerprint: 4821 CFDA 06E7 49F3 BF05  3F02 11E3 390F 8338 5B04

--------------020309030105060400030201--