Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:05:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Craig Johnston <caj@lfn.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic in -stable

This is a stable kernel, cvsupped a couple of days ago.

The system is a K6-133 on an ASUS HX mobo, with an NCR53c810 and
an IBM DCAS-32160 drive.

It seems that /usr/bin/install is the only program that causes this
to happen.  It causes a panic pretty regularly.  (preventing me from
doing a 'make installworld' and bringing the binaries up to date.)

Otherwise, the machine has long uptimes serving out ethertalk for
a bunch of macs.

Here's the error I got yesterday:
Data buffered space not in kernel context
sd0: oops not queued
panic: biodone: buffer not busy

I can provide more info, but I was hoping this was something that has
been seen before.  I have enabled all the debugging I could find, and
will no doubt have more to report presently.

I have 'FAILSAFE' defined in the kernel config file.

I'll probably poke around in the kernel later today, and look at
/usr/bin/install to see if I can figure out why it might be exercising
this.

Any ideas before I do?

thanks,
-Craig

PS -- please advise if I should have targetted different lists.