Date:      Wed, 26 May 2004 18:31:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gerald <gcoon@inch.com>
To:        Kyle McPeek <kyle@openworldinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Dell 2650 notes from the field?

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Kyle McPeek wrote:

> I am running 4.8-STABLE from Feb 20 on a dual 2.2GHz Dell 2650 with 2GB
> of memory.  This machine is a production PostgreSQL server that maintains
> 100+ connections.  I have enabled Hyperthreading and SMP.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Kyle what are your plans or
thoughts on moving to 4.9 or higher currently? Any tests so far on that
box or another 2650 with 4.9 up & SMP?

In answer to Simon's E-mail, I don't currently have the time to just test
it and see if it breaks. By the time we have all of the software
configured and up ready to load test a setback will put us back another
week in reinstalling everything. Never mind that on the recent Compaq that
had trouble (running 4.8 with SMP) it would take 48 to 72 hours for the
problem to show up. I don't have a spare 2 weeks to just try. I also don't
want to make a bad impression with this large account for any reason.

Thanks for the feedback,

Gerald