Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:03:55 +0100
From:      Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish@planet.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wireless PC-Card settings using ifconfig_wi0 ...

--Boundary_(ID_OzHFO5Poj1DAzXgvAzgeCA)

My laptop is setup so that it connects alright to the Internet using the
standard network card (Dell TrueMobile).

However, for the life of me, I cannot get my darn wireless connect up and
running. Under windows everything was running fine so I know it works.

What is the syntax of my ifconfig_wi0 statement?

Here are the details taken from my wireless router:

Mode: Access Point
SSID: GISH
Channel 11
WEP Encryption Key Format: Hexadecimal Digits
40(64)Bit
  Key1: <Blank>
  Key2: XX XX XX XX XX
  Key3: <Blank>
  Key4: Blank
  Default Key: 2
Transfer Rate: automatic
Header Length: Long
Channel: 11
Beacon interval: 100
RTS threshold: 2432
Fragmentation threshold: 2346
DTIM Interval: 1

It sure would be nice if I could get this running alright. Thanks in advance
for your help!

--

Kiffin Rex Gish
Gouda, The Netherlands

--Boundary_(ID_OzHFO5Poj1DAzXgvAzgeCA)--