Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:56:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ted Wisniewski <ted@ness.plymouth.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   PAM & LDAP - Pointer anyone?

I was wondering...  Has anyone done this successfully?

I have FreeBSD 4.5, OpenLdap 2.0.23 & pam_ldap-137

I have LDAP running, and configured where I can successfully Authenticate
FTP sessions.    However, when I try to authenticate any other
service - no go.

I am specifically intersted in:

	ssh, telnet, pop3, imap

Since I have been able to do "ftp" I must be doing something correctly.

pam.conf entry (for telnetd):

# "telnetd" is for SRA authenticated telnet only. Non-SRA uses 'login'
telnetd auth    required        pam_ldap.so                     try_first_pass

I also have ftpd:

ftpd    auth    sufficient      pam_skey.so
ftpd    auth    requisite       pam_cleartext_pass_ok.so
ftpd    auth    sufficient      pam_ldap.so      		try_first_pass

Perhaps I am missing something obvious?  If someone has done this and can
point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

	Ted

--
|   Ted Wisniewski    		     INET:  ted@mail.plymouth.edu        |