Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 19:53:34 +0900
From:      Daisuke Sasaki <sasaki_d@soft.hitachi.co.jp>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Let me know the difference between 386BSD and FreeBSD

Dear Sirs,

Could you please explain the difference between 386BSD 1.0 and FreeBSD 2.1.5 ?

The purpose of this question is to obtain good information to decide if
reading the book "Operating System Source Code Secrets (written by William&Lynne
Jolitz, published by Peer-to-Peer Comunications)" helps me a lot to understand
and read source files of FreeBSD.....

(Since I already have FreeBSD 2.1.5 sources files on Walnut Creek CD-ROM, it would
 be easier if I could use the book to help reading/understanding the files :)

Also could you tell me from which company the book "386BSD From the Inside - Out"
is published ?  and what is the difference between those two books?

Thanks