Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:18:19 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows Refund Day: Watch out for Linux tactics

> It's not hard. One of the best way is to have something WRITTEN
> to hand them, so that when they gather their notes the information is
> there. I'd recommend anything you have about FreeBSD, including the
> booklet that comes inside the CD-ROM. Copies of positive reviews
> will also get their attention, as will a simple "What is FreeBSD?"
> FAQ. Remember, about 3/4ths of the COMPUTER trade press has never heard
> of FreeBSD, and I expect that the number of people in the MAINSTREAM press
> who have heard of it is so vanishingly small as to be negligible. Just
> getting a mention in the stories that run on the major newswires would be
> invaluable.

Ok.  I think we have some text we did for Comdex; I'll hit Jordan about
it (he's just a shade busy right now...).

> >I'll be at the Oakland staging area I expect.  (Cursing that we don't
> >have the Daemon Babe outfits yet...)
>
> You're not talking about the blonde female daemon character that recently
> popped up in Daemon News, are you? ;-)

I'm talking about a friend or three that are basically waiting for me
to find suitable red leather catsuits and accessories so they can
wander around poking people with tridents.  Think Bannarama's "Venus"
video if you're having trouble with the image...