Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:45:32 +0100
From:      -=b00tsie=- <ronald.bootsman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.10 and Adaptec 2940U/UW

I have a running FreeBSD 4.10 stable system, no problems at all.

Now I am trying to add a tapestreamer to the system connected to a
Adaptec 2940U/UW.
I have recompiled the kernel, with the proper driver ahc uncommented.

After rebooting with the new kernel, the system hangs completely.
The last driver loaded is the ppc0, parallel port driver.

It does see my ide drives, but does not mount any drives at all.
It just stops before identifing my ide drives ad0 and ad2.

In my kernel I have set to boot from ad0s1a and also in the /boot/loader.conf

When I remove the adaptec card all works fine...

Can someone help me or give directions where I can find a solution ??

Regards,

Ronald Bootsman