Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:15:28 -0700
From:      prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh Public Keys Suddenly Stopped working for one account.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 13:02:07 -0500
Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu> wrote:

> 	All other accounts on this same system with public keys
> from their remote partners still work fine.
>
> 	The ownership and permissions look right on the account
> directory.

how about on the client computer? for instance, id_rsa is supposed to
be 600. the ownership should be set for the account on .ssh and
authorized_keys.

> 	Does this sound familiar and what else am I missing?

we had only one problem getting a mac to log in which was strange. the
client generated the id_rsa.pub and id_rsa keys. it wouldn't work - and
apparently all the permissions were set correctly at both ends.

so we did the whole thing from scratch again - and this time it worked.

conclusion: the system is picky about the rsa key. :D :D

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's