Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 17:19:44 -0700
From:      Eugene Aleynikov <eugene@lioninc.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation

Hi!

I'm very disappointed that i cant install FreeBSD on my Alpha Station
200
I can succesfully install openbsd and linux but freebsd disklabel says:
da0: rejecting BSD label: raw partition offset != slice offset
da0: start 0, end 4178873, size 4178873
da0c: start 2046000, end 2045999, size 0

I cant mount fixit floppy because i dont have 2.8Mb floppy drive.
(i was booting boot and mfsroot floppies).

I dont have emergency shell ot vty4.

Fdisk shows valid freebsd partition.
Disklabel shows nothing even if i define slices with openbsd installer.

I tried almost anything with disklabel - doesnt help.

SCSI - NCR 810.
Disc - UNISYS U1545 (2Gb).

Problem exists in 3.1 and in 3.2 RELEASE.

What can i do for you to help to fix that problem?
I have strong C experience, and i'm using FreeBSD since 1.0.5-RELEASE.

Thanx,
/eugene