Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:17:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Conduct Unbecoming a Core Team Member

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, David Schwartz wrote:

> > For several weeks now, a Core Team member whom I don't
> > know personally -- one Peter Wemm -- appears to be engaging
> > in a practice somewhere between spamming and mail bombing.
> > Each time I post a message to any mailing list to which
> > he happens to subscribes (including not only several FreeBSD
> > lists but also some others), an autoresponder sends a copy
> > of it back to me with a rude message plus reams of headers
> > attached. (An example appears below.)
>
> 	IMO, regardless of who is doing it or why, autoresponding to posts to a
> mailing list should be grounds for removal from that mailing list.
> 	DS

I have agree 100% with both Brett and David.
That behavior should not be condoned.

Who would be the best person in the FreeBSD organization that we should
contact? I don't think that person even deserves to be tried to be
contacted. abuse@freebsd.org or postmaster@freebsd.org perhaps?

I know that many people don't like Brett emails, but as far as I know he
doesn't mail bomb anybody. Moreover if someone posts on a list it is
fairly ridiculous to expect only replies of people you agree with. And if
someone doesn't like his replies they should ignore them.. but having an
autoresponder.. which is trigered by messages from the list... that is
insane!