Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:48:08 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Eric Kjeldergaard" <kjelderg@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Mucking with other drive

Yes, it is.

> As a for-instance,
> I have a PC that will let me boot off of any of the 8 ide hard disks
> that it has attached to its mobo.

So do I, it has an onboard ide raid controller as well.  This is starting
to get more common in the very latest systems, maybe the last 2 years of
manufacture.  But the majority of them out there are still stuck with
booting from the first disk.

This is one area where the name brand pc's have lagged behind, the cloner
motherboards
seem to have had this feature longer

Ted