Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:34:49 +0200
From:      Mathias Haas <mathias@haas.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Urgent! Firewire support in 4.6.2?

Hello! My wifes' company had a break-in during the night today and they
stole ALL the computers. They have their backup on an external firewire
disk.
At home I have a FreeBSD 4.6.2 setup - but I believe that 4.6.2 doesn't
have firewire support, is this correct?
Is there any way to add firewire support to the kernel or do I have to
upgrade to a later version of FreeBSD?
If so, what are the odds for a successfull upgrade from 4.6.2 to 4.10 ?
A fresh reinstall would take a lot of time since the 4.6.2 server runs a
ton of applications.