Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:32:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marty Poulin <mpoulin@honk.org>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine and Pico

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Tim Gerchmez wrote:

> I appreciate your attitude on this, but:
>
> (1) My question was so simple I was sure it has been asked before.

It probably has (most questions have already been asked at least once.)
That's what makes "www.freebsd.org/search.html" so handy.
It lets you search the mailing list archives as well as the Usenet news
groups.

> (2) There are hundreds of questions a day being asked and answered in that
> newsgroup (I should know, I was subscribed to it for exactly half a day),
> one or two from me a week isn't going to contribute much of anything,
> unless they're very esoteric and technical questions that have likely not
> been asked before.

Not true!  I have had a few newbie questions answered in there; the
replies always CC:'d to my email address so I didn't have to subscribe to
the mailing list.  Not to mention that having your question answered in
there adds one more 'hit' to the search engine the next time someone is
looking for the same answer.
Better to have a flood of info that you can sift through, than none at
all.

=========== Quotefile(c) 1997  Martin Poulin (1st Circle) ===============
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.
                        - Neil Armstrong