Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 00:00:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        juphoff@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu, pmurphy@nrao.edu
Subject:   Re: [Forwarded e-mail from Alexander O. Yuriev]

As matthew c. mead wrote:

> > I've done `mailq | wc -l` before and seen numbers well into the tens of
> > thousands before....  <groan>
>
> 	Anyone know offhand what the mailq on freefall looks
> like?  :-)

I think it has shrunk allot since we've been starting to install mail
relays all over the world.  Several large domains (including most of
Europe) are offloaded from freefall to local MX forwarder systems.  So
freefall can feed them in a single TCP channel.

FreeBSD.ORG's own DNS namespace did really come handy for this kind of
work. :-)  (Most of the forwarders are registered as mail.XX.freebsd.org
or mail-relay.XX.freebsd.org.)

--
cheers, J"org