Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:45:09 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   linux: syscall syslog messages

I noticed this in /var/log/messages this morning:

Jun  5 01:00:00 pentium newsyslog[8054]: logfile turned over
Jun  5 04:27:57 pentium /kernel: linux: sysctl: unhandled name={1,23}
Jun  5 04:27:58 pentium /kernel: linux: syscall syslog is obsoleted or
not implemented (pid=71790)
Jun  5 04:27:58 pentium /kernel: linux: syscall syslog is obsoleted or
not implemented (pid=71790)

Its a recent cvsup/build, uname -a:
FreeBSD pentium.weeble.com 4.6-RC FreeBSD 4.6-RC #0: Mon Jun  3
19:36:06 EDT 2002
root@pentium.weeble.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

The linux_base-7.1 is installed and the linux.ko module was
loaded.  I was running portupgrade overnight.

Searching the archives came up with some similar messages
"linux: syscall fstat...." with questions on how to block those
messages from being logged.  I don't care if they are logged
or not.

I've not seen messages like this before and don't know if I
should be concerned.  Are these messages significant or can they
be ignored?

Thanks,

Randy