Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:34:54 GMT
From:      Gavin Cameron <gavin@gcameron.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/117358: Request to change RSS feeds to include pubDate information for items

>Number:         117358
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       Request to change RSS feeds to include pubDate information for items
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The current RSS news feeds provided on the FreeBSD home page do not provide a pubDate for the items in the news feeds.

I am placing a new aggregator on the new VicFUG website and since the feeds http://www.freebsd.org/news/news.rdf and http://www.freebsd.org/security/advisories.rdf do not have the pubDate information  in the feed they do not interoperate nicely with other news feeds in the aggregated feed.

If pubDate is included the FreeBSD news will be able to be incorporated in the aggregated feed in the correct date order.

RSS 2.0 maybe the easiest solution.

I am willing to help if required.