Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 1998 13:26:53 -0500
From:      Ken Hansen <khansen@njcc.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X based Free installation

Jordan,
	I was *quite* impressed with the ease of installation that
the (then) current R2.2.2 Install CD provided. With that diskette
and a few scraps of information regarding my local ISP I was able
to take an idle 386DX/40 and a 14.4K modem and get FreeBSD up and
running in a few hours!

	Shortly after I performed this feat I downlaoded a copy of
the QNX Internet Application Toolbox kit from QNX (an OS, Windows
manager and browser on one 1.44 Meg diskette) and was equally
impressed.

	The current instal diskette is easliy as good as the install
tools provided in comercial linux (Red Hat and Caldera) distributions,
and the FreeBSD one even includes dial-up tools for users without a
direct internet connection!

A great tool, IMHO.

Ken
khansen@njcc.com