Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:05:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>
To:        Dennis Favro <scqdaf@globalserve.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: General Productivity apps for FreeBSD

Well, FreeBSD should be able to run everything you need in
Linux-compatability mode, so it really doesn't matter IMHO. If you want
something designed towards FreeBSD, you could grab FreeBSD Applixware
(pre-order @ walnut creek). I read a comparison of Applixware and
StarOffice for Linux, and Applix won (but both recieved high praise).
Haven't tried any myself, but if your not in a rush, you really might
want to grab Corel. Main reason being that it, I would think, will be
able to read the standard file formats Microsoft shoved out there (ie.
word, excel). I;ve never heard of a good format reader/writer for *nix -
all have been disappointing from reviews I've read...