Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:42:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: mpeg 4/divx

On 15 Apr, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:
> Hi folks, did some "research" in mpeg 4 availability and, as far
> as I could see, there is no "ruling mpeg 4 standard" today.
> DivX is more and more commercial and special, "standard hinted mpeg-4"
> is something more and more completely different.
>
> Has anybody ever been successfull in compiling the mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net
> mpeg4ip-0.9.3 tarball ?

Set the environment variables
 - GTK_CONFIG to /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config
 - GLIB_CONFIG to /usr/local/bin/glib12-config
I did it without those, but then it doesn't build the GUI. So if you get
errors here, try it without the variables.

Comment out the 'typedef' of in_port_t in <mpg4ip>/include/systrems.h
(multiple occurrences).

<mpeg4ip>/lib/sdp/sdp_decode.c line 1552: "%ld" -> "%d"

You have to use gmake.

I just compiled it, I haven't tested it. I haven't made a port out of
it, because it uses a lot of software which is already in the ports
collection, and I think it should use the programs from ports, not those
which are included in the tarball. Making a port which does what I want
it to do isn't made in 5 minutes.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.