Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 21:53:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update on keyboard lockup with SNAP

J Wunsch wrote:
> Just curious, not that i think pcvt were cleaner code than syscons,
> but perhaps you can give it a try and report if your problem will go
> away?  pcvt is just using totally different code for keyboard and
> screen handling, so we will be able to see if it's rather a keyboard-
> driver-related problem or something with your hardware.

I built a new kernel with pcvt instead of sc0, installed it, read
the man pages, etc...  do you *really* have to type scon -cN to
change screens with pcvt?  ALT-FN did *other* things. :)  By The
Way ... guess what happens if you type "scon -c4" without ttyv5
enabled?  Unless you know some magic incantation I could not find
in the man pages, you have to hit the reset button to recover from
that.  I guess you could log in from some other source if that were
configured *before* you did something stupid. :)

Anyway, I rebooted, played around for a while, and then sat here
typing esc-k-return (with bash set -ao vi that is) switching  between
four screens until my fingers cramped... came back later and did it
another thousand times... it did not lock up with pcvt.  I will try
again later.

Is that what you meant?
--
Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!