Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 00:10:22 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD/OS webperf notes, anybody want to test FreeBSD?

>> http://www.BSDI.COM:81/products/internet-server/benchmarks/webperf.html
>> I would think we could do better.

>Sure. But we should not compare ourselves with BSDI, but with Microsoft,
>I think. It would be quite good. There is another way in which we could
>perhaps do the test - what would the benefit be in the difference in the
>cost of hardware to serve as well as Microsoft does. A motherboard with a
>meg of ram is a beast in itself...

If you're going to bring cost into it, just remember that for many big
organizations, the cost of the box and the software is one of the
smallest parts of the equation of overall ownership cost...

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.