Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 05:49:31 -0700
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ACPI instability on Sony VAIOs?

Hi,

Is anyone else seeing -CURRENT unable to boot on Sony VAIOs
running the newest -CURRENT?  I get panics when it goes anywhere
near ACPI, and it drops into the debugger.  Moving acpi.ko out of
the way allows it to go further, but then it hangs after it loads
the keyboard controller...

atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x64,0x60 on isa0

The last time I tried to upgrade this machine (and it worked) is
apparently March 29, 2002.  It badly needs an upgrade, and since
we need to make -current more usable for 5.0R, if any ACPI or
whatever hackers can tell me what they need I'll get it.  I can
attach a serial console on the laptop if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--
wca