Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:59:09 +0100
From:      Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build threaded perl 5.8 on 6.2-RELEASE and 7-CURRENT

--Sig_BhlH_BRyr.bKBETLmnJSkEz

LI Xin <delphij@delphij.net> wrote:

> It seems that threaded perl is broken on 6.2-RELEASE and 7-CURRENT.  I
> have tried some option combinations with no luck, if WITH_THREADED=3Dyes
> is specified then the build would fail with a coredump.

> Any hints?

I ran into the same miniperl core dumps a few days ago
while trying to switch back to non-threaded Perl (shortly
after updating the system to a recent RELENG_6).

The only way I found to "fix" it was to:

- deinstall all Perl ports,
- rebuild Perl
- reinstall all Perl ports

I assume miniperl somehow included incompatible local
Perl libraries, but I didn't really look into it.

Fabian