Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 01:11:06 +0930 (CST)
From:      Jeff Baker <Jeff.Baker@ACADHOTLINE.net.au>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbee

Hi Mike
Thanks for quick reply.

>If you wanted to do a net install, you should only need to download 2
floppy disks.

That assumes that the box being setup is connected to the net somehow right?
It isn't (yet!)

>What sort of ethernet card is it ? If its PCI, you dont need to worry about
that.

Sorry its an older 486 PC, - PCI wasn't invented! :-) .....I have a dozen
Cards around here, I was trying an "autoconfig card (SMC), then I tried an
Intel 8/16 but that didn't seem to go either, so right now I have a Winbond
card in there. I picked that as it has jumpers I can set visually......where
is WinMSD in FreeBSD? .... how do I find out if it is seeing the card,?

>See www.apache.org
ummmm I think I have a dozen or so steps before apache

Thanks again for your comments. I have the docs you described.
Just getting sick of all the reading!! :-)

Doing tech support for a living, I understand you "not working" comments, in
this case I was really just looking for a short todo list with some
references....maybe it just isn't out there.?

Regards
Jeff