Date:      Tue, 06 Jul 1999 16:31:20 -0700
From:      Ken Marx <kmarx@bigshed.com>
To:        erich@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: linux_lib-2.6.1

Hi,

I already asked the 'questions' alias about this, but I'm really stuck
and thought you might know.

Can you explain what's up with linux_{lib,devel} wrt pthreads?

Is it supported?

If I use libc.so < libc.so.6, ld complains that libpthreads.so.0 needs
libc.so.6; If I use libc.so.6, I get segv's somewhere near a call to
getpid() in the loader (according to ktrace/linux_kdump).

Seems like lib_r might help if I could compile it under linux_devel?
Even then, seems like some stuff might go missing. E.g., IO_putc et al.

Even tried putting in the POSIX P1003.1B stuff into the kernel, but
no effect.

Any clues?

Thanks very much!
k.
--
Ken Marx, kmarx@bigshed.com
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Why don't we simply guard the keys to