Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 19:52:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James <dominus@lies.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine and Pico

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Tim Gerchmez wrote:

> I appreciate your attitude on this, but:
>
> (1) My question was so simple I was sure it has been asked before.

Thge http://www.freebsd.org/ and search the freebsd-questions archives.
The answer would be there.

> (2) There are hundreds of questions a day being asked and answered in that
> newsgroup (I should know, I was subscribed to it for exactly half a day),
> one or two from me a week isn't going to contribute much of anything,
> unless they're very esoteric and technical questions that have likely not
> been asked before.

I subscribe to -questions, -newbies, -announce, apache-announce, and a few
others.  I only get about 300 messages a day.  It is not that bad.

-questions is receptive to almost any question regardless of if it has
been asked before or not.  Some people, (Doug White :) ) appear to answer
EVERYTHING! : ) (Not that that is bad, I am just used to seeing Dougs name
for a long list of messages in my box.)

James