Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:51:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        fewtch@serv.net (Tim Gerchmez)
Cc:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no, asami@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My verdict on 2.2.7...

Tim Gerchmez wrote:
> (my mistake), and no longer have 2.2.7 in my possession to test them again
> and write down the details.  Also, being simply a casual hobbyist and not a
> FreeBSD  developer or member of the core team, I don't see that it's MY JOB
> to document these kinds of problems, simply to mention them.  Let those who
> have committed themselves to working on FreeBSD research the problem.  I
> get nothing whatsoever out of all this, including the posting you interpret
> as a "pack of lies."

Tim,
	undocumented reports of problems (tales out of school) do nothing
	to help fix the problems.

	if the problems are present others will find them as well.
	the first person to send in a useful problem report will
	aid those that fix the problems.

	the rest is not helpful.

	Please send in useful, documented bug reports (man send-pr)
	or just a short note.  if you are going to take the time to
	write a longer note, please make it useful.

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler      FreeBSD Core Team, Postmaster       jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--The Power to Serve         JMB193           http://www.freebsd.org/