Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:18:10 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java apps like ICQ and JavaWorkshop need DISPLAY != ":0.0"

But wait, there's more  ;-)

I tried the same approach on a -current machine (1998-04-13), and it
worked for me, but not for my friend, on the same machine and console!
Checking the environment, he had a huge TERMCAP, that I didn't have. He
runs bash, I run tcsh. We tried unset TERMCAP, and icq started.

Still, for both me and him, some windows (like the message window) will
not be opened. This is probably the current bug that Nate referred to,
right? Also, the same seems to be the case for licq (the free, non java
icq client), btw.

/Palle