Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 23:37:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot disks insane?

> Anyway, I encountered a large number of problems with installing this
> release.  I tried to do the FTP release thing (from a local host) and
> found that I got an unspecified error -1 no matter what host I pointed

Well, tell us about it.  Select the "Extra debugging" on the Options
menu, and tell us what ALT-F2 tells you...

> It would be nice if there was some way to say "There's my 2.0R disks,
> figure out all these silly questions from that system, do the right
> thing with the new system, and be about your business," but I
> understand that is a 2.1R project.

We will happily recive code that does that.. :-)

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'