Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 20:36:12 -0500
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SECURITY ISSUE!!! And misuse of freebsd-questions

[Redirected to -Chat]

Chris Johnson wrote:
> I've seen it argued on this list that HTML-formatted mail is here to stay and
> that people ought to stop griping about it, get with the program, and get a
> modern mail reader. Those people should keep in mind that many people read
> mailing lists as digests, so even if they do have HTML-capable mail readers,
> they still see HTML messages as a load of ugly garbage. If you're not certain
> that every recipient of your message will see the HTML properly, don't send it.
>
> Chris

As a user of Netscape, I've fixed myself so as not to make a stink on
mailing lists by using my Address Book and selecting those would can
recieve HTML mail. If a email address is not specified as being able to
recieve HTML email, Netscape will not send it. I think it is a nice
feature that lends itself more toward "add-on HTML emailer". Either way,
when used properly, it doesn't get in the way, and that's what's
important...
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>