Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:40:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        admin@mama.vcommunities.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Network Hanging w/ 2940UW and 2.1.7.1

I had a very similar problem with a 2940W (UW?) and 2.1.7.1.
I was using a SeaGate Barracuda 2.1G drive and added a Quantum 4.1G Drive.
It would install, but as soon as the machine got up and running and the
drive really got used it would lock up and die.

I ended up replacing the drive with another Seagate 4.1G drive and have
lived happily ever after.  Its still on 2.1.7.1.

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Analyst I  (509)-766-8873
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://www.vmunix.com/fbsd-book/