Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 10:56:30 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        Karl Strickland <karl@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xconfig file for GXE90 & Dell VS17 - help

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Karl Strickland wrote:

> I'm having a problem configuring X11 on my Dell P90.  I'm using a
> Number Nine GXE64 Pro (2Mb) graphics card, and a Dell VS17 monitor.
> Using the settings in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Monitor file
> (reproduced below), it almost works; but the display is wrapped off
> to the left slightly, such that 0,0 - ~20,0 is at the top right corner
> not the top left!  Has anyone made this combination work?

This monitor entry is derived from one which I used a *long* time ago with
a much older version of XF86.  I no longer use the XF86 server (a happy
Xinside customer).  I suggest that you try a generic 1024x768x70 entry.

--
Doug Rabson, Microsoft RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
						Phone: +44 171 734 3761