Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 96 16:10:00 PDT
From:      Robert Clark <ROBERTC@PII.COM>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Moving kernel location

Tim,
     I've seen Wide to Narrow connector adaptors.  Could'nt you use one of
those instead?

                                   [RC]
(robert.clark@pii.com)
 ----------
From: owner-freebsd-questions
To: freebsd-questions
Subject: Moving kernel location
Date: Monday, July 15, 1996 2:17PM

How would one change the pointer to the kernel location? To make a
silly story short, if I want to boot FreeBSD from my HDD running from a
AHA2940W without having to unplug my external SCSI Zip drive (running
off a ISA 1542), I need to tell all concerned parties to boot from sd1
instead of sd0. (I need the two SCSI cards so I can have my cake (fast
HDD) and eat it too (external SCSI I connector).
        I have changed "fstab" entries and rebuilt the kernel with config
line
pointing to "sd2". Beyond that, I'm lost. At the moment, I'm not
concerned with mounting anything on the Zip drive - this is just a
convience question.

Thanks to all concerned

Tim Palmer

System details
Cyrix P150+ on Triton II mb, 32M RAM, Adaptec 2940W running Seagate
ST32550 2.3G HDD, Adaptec 1542cf running CDROM and (zip drive).
FreeBSD 2.1 - Walnut Creek CDROM
Multiple OS's, using V Communications "System Commander" as boot loader