Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 2000 21:09:58 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dumb FreeBSD lint(1) library question

Dear FreeBSd'ers,

FreeBSD lint(1) libraries are not built in /usr/libdata/lint by
default. So I have cd'ed to /usr/src/usr.bin/xlint/llib, made them,
and intalled them. Actually, in /usr/libdata/lint I can now see the
files llib-lposix.ln and llib-lstdc.ln, but no llib-lc.ln. Yet the
error "lint: cannot find llib-lc.ln" is printed; and llib-lc.ln is
mentioned in lint(1).

The -questions archives have given me no clues.

<EDUCATED (?) GUESS>
llib-lstdc.ln has replaced llib-lc.ln; the docs do not reflect this
situation. If this is the case, I could write a doc PR.
</EDUCATED (?) GUESS>

If llib-lc.ln is supposed to exist and work, then I'll have to write
another (different) PR :-)

Is lint supposed to work under FreeBSD 4-S? Am I missing anything
trivial?

Best regards,
Salvo