Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:44:01 -0600
From:      "Mike Grommet" <mgrommet1@austin.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FXTV + SBLive recording problems

I'm running (software):
4.4 release FreeBSD
FXTV 1.3 (from ports)

With (hardware):
SB Live
Hauppauge card (at boot its seen as
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xe1002000-0xe1002fff irq 11 at device 13.0 on
pci0)

Sound support is compiled in the kernel...  I get sound out fine with KDE
although I havent tried other apps...

I don't get sound support directly out of the TV card... I've had to
resort to piping it into the soundcard via line in (any way to fix this?).

I'm able to record video just fine, without audio...

adding audio unfortunately is not so lucky... If I run fxtv with standard
options
(where /dev/dsp is the dspDevice):
- set the Target to MPEG READY
- click Record

This results in an error box opening up with nothing more than an OK (no
messages, no nothing).  However, in the console window from which I've run
fxtv from, I get an error:
ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT), 22544394, 22544394) failed: Invalid
argument

Any ideas guys? I'd really like to get this working :)

Any other info I can provide? just holler.