Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:04:37 +0200
From:      Gunther Hipper <gunther@informatik.uni-rostock.de>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gunther@ceylon.informatik.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   Anyone Experiences with Intel TXC Chipset or GA-586DX/GA-586HX motherboard ??

Hi to you all !

I've a certain problem because I would like to buy new
motherboards which should be albe to run FreeBSD.
The boards are

Gigabyte GA-586HX and/or GA-586DX

both (hopefully) state of the art ... but I don't yet
know any guy using them. The Chipset is an

Intel TXC 82439HX Rev.01h

in both boards. Until now, we always used Gigabyte boards
- everything works fine with GA-486DX and GA-486ATE
(Triton Chipset). Now my questions:

Is anyone using one or both of these boards ?
Are there any problems or are certain problems to be
expected running FreeBSD ?

Mention: I do _not_ explicitly care about SMP on the
GA-586DX Dual-CPU-Slot board. If it's running - okay,
but for the moment a single processor should be enough.
Propably, the board should be Intel-SMP conform.
This is an Intel chipset, hell, is'nt it ?

I'd be glad if someone could give me some hints.

Gunther

Gunther Hipper                 |
University of Rostock          |
Department of Computer Science | Tel    +49 381 498 3391
Albert-Einstein-Str. 21        | Fax    +49 381 498 3440
18051 Rostock - Germany        | Email  Gunther.Hipper@informatik.uni-rostock.de