Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 1998 22:49:03 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Ross George" <georger@cuftas.com.au>
Subject:   Re: General Productivity apps for FreeBSD

On Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:20:51 +1100, Ross George wrote:

>I have it running on Solaris 2.5.1 , FreeBSD and even Windows 95.
>(It does work, and is easy to intall.)

That would be REAL news on this list.  We are ALL under the impression
that StarOffice requires threads and that FreeBSD's implementation is
slightly lacking in this regard.  We have heard that some people are
working on getting it to work on FreeBSD, but that it doesn't yet work.
 How, pray tell, did you get it to work? Which version of FreeBSD do
you have it running on?  Is it the Linux version of StarOffice??

Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.