Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:43:33 -0700
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>, adrian@ubergeeks.com, blk@skynet.be, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum performance testing...

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 01:01:50PM -0700, Mike Smith wrote:
> > After getting seriously burned (fortunately, during initial system
> > configuration), I've sworn off vinum for any sort of critical production
> > use.
>
> Of course, this is an absurdly myopic view to take of a product that's
> still under development.  It's people like yourself and statements like
> that that give open-development software products a bad name.  8(

No offense, but you are wrong and he is right. A 'still under developement'
product should NOT be used for critical production machines. I am sure
when vinum is more robust and less likely to much your data for dinner
he, and many other people who use FreeBSD in situations where data loss
is not an option, will reconsider it's use.

Jamie