Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 12:05:54 -0300
From:      "Maximiliano A. Eschoyez" <meschoyez@ubp.edu.ar>
To:        "Peter D. Pawelek" <ppawel@axess.com>
Subject:   Re: Linus speaks

Newbies:

First, excuses for the delay...

>Quoting Chris Browning (brownicm@netunlimited.net):
>> It's little enough I know about linux (having my hands full
at the
>> moment), but it's been getting good press. I figure it's a
good thing
>> for *nix of whatever flavor. I don't grouse. We can
cross-compile,
>> right?
>
>I absolutely agree. FreeBSD can only benefit from the success
of Linux.
>The last thing we all need is a holy war between FreeBSD and
Linux....
>after all, the Linux people can handle only one holy war at a
time, and
>they're currently on a jihad against Mr. Gates.  ;)
>
>Peter Pawelek (ppawel@axess.com)

>they're currently on a jihad against Mr. Gates.  ;)
I think that all the Un*x users have to cooperate in the
distribution, not in the war.
We don't have to fight, all the users from different platforms
have to know his necesities and choose the most convenient OS.
If someone wants to pay for a trying_to_be_OS, they're free, I
prefer quality and power at a low cost :-)

If Mr. Gates earns lot of money is because people (programmers
specially) follow him.

Maxi
First Circle (or I'm wrong)

Sometimes Free Software is better than commercial.
Free-BSD the Power to Serve.