Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:37:15 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ravi@cow.org, Steve Kaczkowski <operator@phreak.net>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, b.j.smith@ieee.org
Subject:   Re: requesting opinions about strange 3ware problem

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:00:00PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > However, I cannot see the relationship between the 75GXP flaws and
> > this error:
> >
> > Nov  6 03:01:48 lucifer /kernel: twe0: AEN: <twe0: drive error for
> > unknown unit 1>
>
> Ignore it; the message is informative, and the AEN probably only means
> something to 3dmd.

But the RAID-5 unit enters the "degraded" state, and one of the ports
(usually 0 or 1) is marked as offline (though the state of the disk
attached to that port is "OK"). I have to reboot the system and start a
rebuild from the 3ware BIOS. The rebuild always succeeds.

  Regards,
  JMA
--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **