Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 1998 22:55:58 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonym@angis.usyd.edu.au>
To:        webadmin@adsight.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPD + Mgetty stopped working

>> I dont use mgetty but with the (recent) move to pppd v2.3.5 (was 2.2.0)
>> changed pap-secrets from (using login auth)
>> *       *       ""
>> *       *       ""      *

> I tried that but I still am getting a string of garbage passed to
> login from mgetty
>
> in the mgetty login.config where the line reads:
> *     -     -     /usr/bin/login   @
>
> the '@' is supposed to be the username, but all I get is garbage.

Sorry cant help with mgetty.

I just use (/etc/ttys)
ttyd1   "/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyd0 115200 -detach"      dialup on insecure

Probably not what you are after.
If you get it sorted out pls let us know.  I'd like to try using mgetty
(cant download the tarball at the moment) since it allows faxes
and dial in/out on same line from what I read.

tonym