Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:16:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        capriotti@geocities.com (Capriotti)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SFT

> Does anyone have any news about System Fault Tolerance under Free ?
>
> Like what Novell has, from mirrowed disks to mirrowed servers ?

You mean "software fault tolerance".

There is a project under Linux, I believe.  I don't expect it to
bear fruit any time soon.  The first release of the stuff at
Novell took more than 6 years to get working.

Anecdote:  During one of the early demos of SFT at Novell, the demo
was to drop an anvil on one machine and have the failover operate
transparently.  One time, the anvil dropped, and, since they were
using thinwire at the time, the anvil crushed the ethernet card
and shorted the thinwire.  After that, the demo used two cards.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.